Resistors??

Status
Not open for further replies.
22k will not work. a 20k variable resistor has three legs, and varies 0-20k ohms between legs 1 and 2, and 20k-0 ohms, between legs 2 and three, when turning from fully counterclockwise, to clockwise.

As you can see, you could have any combination of resistances, but with a 22k, not only are you over the value of the pot, you wont be able to adjust to, say, 6.5k ohms. In short, get a pot.

is there a site that i can type in a voltage then the resistor value, then it will tell me what the output value would be? Send a Link plz.....

i am a electrical engineer. the only output u can get is a current unless u using a voltage-divider and then u can calculate a voltage output after da first risistor. if u use a voltage-divider u need two resistors. u shouldnt mess around with electronics if u dont know what u doing. u can can get more voltage like u want but u accually have to pump in more current, coz changing that resistor will increase the voltage only over that resistor not where u want it to be coz more resistance means less current and less current means less voltage elsewhere in the circut. ur best bet is to use a molex connecter and a transistor a few resistors to create a constant current source and use that to get ur extra voltage. but its alot of calculations and measurements and knowledge in electonics if u wana do what u want to do. so rather leave it and upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom