Overclocking and Mobo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustumb

Baseband Member
Hey just got some questions about overclocking...

Is overclocking really safe?? Like it cant ruin my computer and if it does is it easily recoverable?

I have a MS 7191 MOBO so is it easy to overclock on a stock mobo like that? THanks

I have

AMD X2 64 3800+
X1300 256 MB Pci Xpress
2Gigs of Ram
and 465 Watt RetailPlus PSU

thnx

-Kustumb

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
All for the best

Overclocking is very safe these days. If an overclock goes to high, the computer will just shut down. Then you just have to clear the CMOS, and everything is back to normal.

I don't know what motherboard you are talking about. What is the brand?...I'm sure theres no MS brand. Unless you meant MSI.

I think he means MSI....and yea pretty much what b1gapl said...OCing is great these days and yes your computer will shut off automatically if it is too unstable. Just make sure you have great cooling as the CPU will tend to get very hot during OCing. Also run prime95 for atleast 24 hours to make sure your computer is completely stable after overclocking.
Prime95 can be found here-
Prime95 - 24.14 Download - EXTREME Overclocking

Err he has the 939 socket 3800+ x2 you could oc like 600mhz the most so its like a 4400+ CPU. Try it if you need the extra performance.

Yea what Darksideleader said is true i have 939 socket 3800+ AMD X2 64 and yes its an MSI guys lol sorry i was just wondering if a stock fan and 2 other fans could do the cooling job and if not which temperetures should i be worried about the CPU and the Video Card? like my CPU runs at about 50C is that cool or dangerously hot?

It's cool if that is your load temperature. If it's idle temp....consider aftermarket cooling.

It's cool if that is your load temperature. If it's idle temp....consider aftermarket cooling.

I think thats the load tempereture because that the temperature when i basically open my computer and do nothing like only a couple anti-vir and anti-spyware is on but thats it and i dont really check when i play...

what doess idle and load mean anyways?

Idle temperature is when the computer isn't really doing anything. Load is when the computer is doing a task, a heavy task I should say, like gaming.

Idle temperature is when the computer isn't really doing anything. Load is when the computer is doing a task, a heavy task I should say, like gaming.

ok so yea my cpu is more at the 45-47 C temperatures at IDLE and system is usually 35-38C so i never checked my load but i guess it would be a couple degrees higher since i dont play anything that stresses my computer alot :D

Actually 45-47C is kinda high for idle. 40C would of been better. Get a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. They're not expensive, and will definitely lower temps, making headroom for overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom