Is my Motherboard and GPU going to fit?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
I just ordered this weekend and decided to get:

MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Antec Performance One P180B ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
EVGA GeForce 8800GTX

Now whenever I look at the dimensions, they are:
12.0" x 9.6"
21.3" x 8.1" x 19.9" (H x W x D)
and the GTX is 10.5" long I belive..

By reading that, and maybe im just reading it wrong, does that mean the width of the mobo is 1.5" longer than the whole case? And that the GTX is 2.4" longer than the case also? Am I just dumb and not reading it right?
Thanks

that baby has to be 21.3 or 19.9 long. no problem fitting. 8.1 has to be the depth of the case if not that is one funky case design.

lol...you got it all mixed up. The case is 19.9" long, and the motherboard is 9.6". The GTX can't possibly be longer than the case. That just doesn't make sense. Since the length of the case is 19.9" long, the GTX is 9.4" shorter. The D in the measurements, stands for depth, which means the length of the case.

hefemeister....if the case was 8.1" in depth, then nothing would fit in there.

You always seem to come through for me b1gapl
lol
I thought for sure that I wasnt reading it right... thanks for the confirmation

I have the case but in silver.

The 8800 GTX will fit as long as you remove the middle HDD cage and use the HDD cage down below. The card will just barely fit with the middle cage in place, but once you put a hard drive or two in it, it's not going to fit.

The P180 is quite a small case on the inside from what I have heard...I suggest getting something a little bigger or prepare to mod the case a bit for a GTX.

Should of went with a full tower, because the GTX is tight in a mid-tower. I would do what HAVOC suggested, since he has the case himself.

I have the case but in silver.

The 8800 GTX will fit as long as you remove the middle HDD cage and use the HDD cage down below. The card will just barely fit with the middle cage in place, but once you put a hard drive or two in it, it's not going to fit.

When you say the middle cage, and im looking at the picture on newegg right now (10th picture): (Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!)
do you mean the cage where it says "Internal 3.5" drive bay x2"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom