Graphics card cable problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybaines

Baseband Member
So went to build my first pc the other day got the cpu and everything together fine up until i went to fit my graphics card, a X1950 Pro by Sapphire, this is where i hit the problem of it having a special cable with one standard molex connection that splits into another molex connection and a pci-e connection obviously for the graphics card - but the other is ament to attach to a IDE hard drive power connection then to the power supply. Well i have a SATA hard drive and thus makes this imposible how would you guys go about getting around this problem??

The 4 pin molex connectors attached to the 6 pin PCI-E power is a converter. If you don't have a PCI-E power cable, you'll need it. Otherwise you will not.

These cables should not be connected to the hard drives. They connect the video card to the PSU only.

Well thats what i thought why does it need to be attached to the hard drive but that is the way the manufacturer sapphire has it stated in its manual and on several pictures such as on the anti static bag. Strange eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom