vista problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that looks more like it. Thank you so much I just have to wait until my uploaded file is done uploading so I can reboot into vista ultimate.

the color schemes are windows vista basic, windows standard, windows classic, high contrast white, high contrast black, high contrast #2 in that order there is no Windows Aero in the appearance settings. Could I have somehow deleted that?

call me a vista nooby I just figured out that vista has a media center edition.

My best suggestion is that you somehow deleted the Aero theme. You did say you were messing with the msconfig. So you can either try to reverse it, delete your drivers and see if a reinstall of the drivers will give you the option back. Try to recover or format and reinstall.

your first problem was upgrading to vista it sucks go back to xp pro

have you ever used vista?

you have just read articles on the internet about it havnt you, its the best OS microsoft have relased

in conclusion your an idiot

have you ever used vista?

you have just read articles on the internet about it havnt you, its the best OS microsoft have relased

in conclusion your an idiot

+1
I like vista much more than XP and have had no problems with it.

Did you guys here that people are complaining to dell about vista sucking and now dell is using xp again?

oh and check out this shirt unless you like vista.

ShirtADay

vista is ok
its just the memory hogging that bothers me i have 4gb's of ram but its still the point that its eating resources
people still bi+** about sound card problems but creative has released drivers for vista working ones. and now most programs i use support vista such as nero alcohol 120. its just my emulators that have sound problems and most programs that dont work on vista can be put under compatability mode and then they will ork most of the time. So vista doesn't suck its just not the best thing since sliced bread

RAM is wasted and completely useless if it is not being used. The matter isn't how much RAM the OS is using, but rather what it is using it for and whether it is being used effectively. Grasp a better understanding of the concept of caching.

Article: http://www.ditii.com/blog/2007/04/14/windows-vista-superfetch-readyboost/

SuperFetch is an enhancement of the Prefetcher that you have probably seen mentioned in previous versions of Windows. The Prefetcher is in charge of storing program information so that often-used programs and processes can run faster. In Vista, the Prefetcher has been tweaked and changed to be much more aggressive and intelligent in its caching to give even greater performance. This new functionality is called SuperFetch...

...You may have noticed that Vista tends to use a much greater percentage of system RAM than on Windows XP...

...Many people tend to think of RAM as some sort of resource, and when it starts getting used up, they believe that they have a problem. In reality however, RAM is more like a cache. If your system is only using a small percentage of your cache is a huge waste. Imagine how your processor would work if its L2 cache never used more than 25% of its capacity. L2 cache is a small amount of high-speed memory that allows for high-speed access to the system's most commonly accessed data.

In previous versions of Windows, the Prefetcher wasn't very aggressive in populating RAM. With Windows Vista however, SuperFetch tries its best to use as much RAM as it can, because if you have it you might as well make use of it.
Further reading material:

Top Tip: Windows Vista using too much of my RAM?

Coding Horror: Why Does Vista Use All My Memory?

Windows Vista's SuperFetch and ReadyBoost Analyzed | Tom's Hardware UK and Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom