Cooling advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy a case fan for the side. But since your computer is pre-built, you case, I'm assuming, doesn't have a case fan slot on the side panel. You could probably get a PCI slot fan instead, to help cool that graphic card.

yeah i saw a PCI slot one before that i thought would help

any links possible? preferably somewhere i can order to Gibraltar. (OC.uk)

thnx.

buy a case fan all on-line stores stock them and then you just cut a hole in the case add some plastic moulding to the edge (the edge of the cut is about as sharp as a razor so be careful) I found adding the rubber mount just after cutting works best as the metal is hot from the friction and melts the rubber slightly which in my case made it a better fit. You may want to add a decorative or practical fan guard just so no-one sticks there fingers in a fan

no problem and in a years time when that computer is struggling to play games make sure you come back here we can help you get the best value/performance available

random question: how old is the pc? and how long (hours) total do you think its been on? and do you live in a dus....n/m theres dust everywhere.

open up your case, (take side panel off) and peer inside, look for dust. it should be accumulated by fan's and air openings in the case. if there is a lot, get something to blow it out (like a vacuum with the hose on the exhaust port, or a can of air).

i say this because the pc sounds like its having symptoms of overheating. the heatsink can handle enough at idle, but when load hits, it cant handle it, common side-effect of dust. second, on the graphics card, i assume you have a fan on it, so ground yourself to the case, remove the card, and get all the dust off of that. (unless you can do it with it still in the case, then do that)

same goes for fans, and anywhere else thre is dust. just get it all out.

if you are still having problems, then i guess a reinstall is in order. (on the otherhand, prebuild heatsinks are crap, so you might want to upgrade that.)

what is the make/model of your pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom