Please Help With Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt overclocking dangerous ? how can it be done without harming the card?

PSU as in Power Supply Unit? Its just a standard one at 400Wats and 230V

Oh...I meant what's the brand and model.

Overclocking is not dangerous these days. Just take it up in increments of 5-10MHz at a time, each time testing for stability. When you have found the max it will run, without having artifacts shown....lower the overclock a little to be on the safe side.

Dont really know about the PSU.. Id have to open it again..

One last question... Isnt it a bit dated, to buy a 256MB card when there are 512s and even 1GBs out? i mean there is a 512MB model too..

The amount of memory on a graphic card, mostly depends on what resolution you are playing at. If you play at high resolutions, such as 1600x1200 and up, then 512mb will come in handy. Resolutions like 1280x1024, a 256mb graphic card is ok.

well there is something that is important and i didnt mention then

I have a 20" Widescreen monitor that runs at 1680x1050..........

If you want, get the 512mb version then. I play at that resolution with a 256mb, and it does great. It's probably because I have 2gb of ram.

Do you think i could play any game at the highest settings with no problems at all with :

2GB RAM
Nvidia 7900GTX (512MB)

?

Yes you can....but the 7900GTX is too expensive, when you can get a cheaper card, that will perform close to or better. If you're spending that much on a video card...I would go for what Sora mentioned....the X1950XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom