System restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

petris

Baseband Member
I sometimes can use System restore with success and other times not. I actually thought that if I designated a restore point ahead of time, that it would work. It did not. Is there a trick to being able to pick a restore point that will work the first time? Is this program anything like Goback?
I use this whenever it seems that I might have virus that has not been detected or dealt with yet by Norton. Somtimes I cannot get my designated homepage established in internet options to stay there. it goes back to MSN. and I also have problems with the "Errors on page" display. I have tried the directions given at microsofts IE troubleshooting page with no luck. I may not be doing it right. Its confusing.
at times I have been able to find a restore point and not have to deal with fixing these problems. At present it seems no restore points are working. I have removed all my important data to another hard drive and removed it from the tower and am prepared to wipe it and start over. Any help?

System restore is iffy. You don't always get the desiresd result. Best bet is to use a backup and restore from that. Ghost or other backup software will do nicely. Otherwise you may think you solved a problem when you really didn't. You don't get rid of viruses using system restore. It only restores system settings and stuff like that. Dunno why your settings aren't sticking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom