Dual Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will want to grab another 1gb of the same memory to deal with the added feature seen in the new version. There's no longer a recovery console used for repairing any boot problems seen if you boot with the install disk. It has an automatic repair tool for that and some other things. You now can resize and even reformat partitions when booting from the disk. But it's new and needs some bugs like better drivers for the moment.

I have Dual Booted XP/Vista since Vista was in Beta. I have not had any problems nor have i had any complaints. I have strictly used Vista since it was RC1 and only go Back to XP for very rare occassions. I have found working applications on Vista that meet or exceed the XP conterparts.

The boot thing is a problem, but EasyBCD fixes all those. As for the Recovery Console...meh never used it anyways. I still use Acronis and Diskeeper for all that stuff anyways.

EasyBCD doesn't fix everything and Vista no longer has the recovery console as seen in 2000 and XP. What Vista offers now when booting with the install disk is a set of automatic repari tools. The main problem is no longer having the add/remove Windows components option seen in the control panel's add/remove programs.

I ran RC1 shortly to see what the version looked like and simply waited until the retail release. Most complaints heard are about gaming in Vista more then anything else except being the new version out.

I have Dual Booted XP/Vista since Vista was in Beta. I have not had any problems nor have i had any complaints. I have strictly used Vista since it was RC1 and only go Back to XP for very rare occassions. I have found working applications on Vista that meet or exceed the XP conterparts.

The boot thing is a problem, but EasyBCD fixes all those. As for the Recovery Console...meh never used it anyways. I still use Acronis and Diskeeper for all that stuff anyways.

does easybcd remove the bootloader? I have to boot my hdd's from the bios so I won't see the vista bootloader

Yes EasyBCD can also remove hte Vista Bootloader. So if you ended up taking VIsta off you can use this to get rid of your Vista bootloader.

Yes EasyBCD can also remove hte Vista Bootloader. So if you ended up taking VIsta off you can use this to get rid of your Vista bootloader.

I want to load xp and vista. I just hate rebooting xp and it will automatically go back to vista as the vista bootloader always shows up. the way I have it now, I don't see a vista bootloader as I Have vista and and it's boot info on it's own harddrive and I have xp on it own separate one. I just have to boot off the bios to get to the other OS.

I'm wondering can easy bcd let me load xp and vista and I don't have to see that vista bootscreen?

I think you can load up both with a different boot loader. I know that he has his own Gub to use. I think you could be able to use the XP loader. Not sure. You would have to head voer to neosmart.net and ask CG yourself for that answer. He would know better than me what EasyBCD is fully capable of.

If you want XP and Vista as totally separate OSs then you would unplug the XP drive when installing Vista on the other. Otherwise the Vista boot loader and other files are copied to the primary drive with it's own boot loader as the default. EasyBCD allows you to set XP as the default OS to boot while still seeing the initial Vista boot screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom