RAM Speed=228.1MHz
CAS=3.0
Trp=3.0
TrcD=3.0
Tras=8
Trc=11
Command Rate=2T

SuperPi=28s

i want a higher corespeed but i can't get any higher. my core temp at full load is at 47C with the artic freezer 64 Pro.i want to push it until i hit 55C full load but i can't... any suggestions?

That's a pretty good load temp. I would say up the VCore, but I don't know whats the safe voltage for AMDs. You've taken the Opteron pretty far though.

i think the highest opteron vcore should go is 1.6v.

hmmmm. maybe i should get better ram and stop my opteron at 3ghz.
can anyone recommend me some good ocing ram? i need DDR400.

1.6 is the highest you want to go...EVER. really, i think that 1.5 is pretty friggin hot. IMO, after 1.45ish you are trading A LOT of heat for not that much difference in performance.
really my own personal experience (which is not all encompassing) is that amd's run best (ie most efficiently heat/performance wise) at about 2.85.
anything over that, and you are taxing your cpu for really no good reason. but, it is good to see how far it can go. do superpi 1M, report back.
nice clock, by the way.

i can run my opteron at 2700MHz without any vcore change. should i just leave it at 2.7GHz than?

superpi times:
ram@225MHz
opteron@2.7Ghz = 32s

ram@230MHz
opteron @3ghz=29s

btw. i took out 2x512mb becuz it was too hard to oc 4x512.
currently i am running 2x512mb in dual channel but the stock speed for them is 160MHz instead of 200Mhz. the 2x512 are same modules. y arent they running at 200Mhz?

personal choice i suppose. i only run my 3600 at about 2.8ish for everyday use. vcore @ 1.35.

heh nitestick..."safely"...heheh. i say go to 1.6, never higher...but cant say that i never have myself.

krazieaznboi i dont understand your question about your ram.? but its late(here). can you rephrase that please?

sorry nagasama, let me reprhase it.

DDR400 are supposed to run at 200MHz real clock but mines run at 160MHz real clock in dual channel. how come mines doesn't run at 200MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom