Soon to upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
I have a great computer and all but I want to upgrade. I am going to upgrade the ram to either 4gb or 6gb. I was just wandering what would be better.
I already have 2gb 2 x 1gb sticks. If I got 2 x 2gb sticks will it though my pc off balance because they are not the same size. I plan to eventually get to 8gb of ram. You may seem that it a little overkill but I love to upgrade.

IMO, your computer doesn't need an upgrade at all. Why do you need 4, 6, or even 8gb of ram. That is way overkill. That is unless you are doing CAD or editing videos and stuff. 2gb is plenty for gaming and everything else. Save your money, for when you need an upgrade, not because you want to. But I can't tell you how, to use your money.

i agree. anything more then 4gb would be overkill u dont need. i think the computer u have is already good enough lol. if u have that much money to waste think about selling ur gts and gettin gtx.

That is just it, I am using cadd. Well not that much right this second but i am upgrading it for next year of school. The only thing I am asking if to get 6gb or 4gb. The reason will be how will it handle. I like ram, and I will have two 22" moniters soon so mulittasking is a must.

I'd say try 4gb of ram first. See how you like it. If it's not working out, get more.

If your doing CAD then 4GB of ram is fine...actually 3GB is perfect but no one uses odd numbers like that so get 4. 6GB won't be used for years to come..

That is the reason I said 6gb/ I want to upgrade to that so I wouldn't be wasting 120 on 2gb of ram that I will be replacing soon after. I will probally not use it all but I am thinking ahead. I will probally get 4gb because it is cheaper. I have to say, I think it is almost 90 days since I build this pc. Should I go ahead and upgrade to a 8800gtx. Or should I say with a 8800gts 640mb. Just remember I plan to have a second screen and I will be playing Halo 2 for vista very soon.

Halo 2 is not a very demanding game. Stick with the 8800GTS 640....it's powerful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom