Monitor with the 8800GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
I recently compiled a wishlist of a computer that altogether costs about $1000.
At the moment I'm using an unsatisfactory LCD monitor from Sony, and I think it'll be a waste if I even connect it to my new ridiculously expensive graphics card.
What would be a good monitor to let me really see what the card can do for me?
Since I don't want to spend any more than I have to, and I'm not going to be maxing out resolutions at 1900x1200 or something, and newegg is lagging for me, what would you suggest?

This depends on what size you want and how much you want to spend. The Samsung monitors are known to be kickass but like salty suggested but also very expensive. Hanns-G and Viewsonic make excellent monitors for the price and a nice in the middle spot as those will work great. I don't suggest anything larger than 22 inch as this is when your performance will take a hit. I myself would go with a 19 inch or a 20.1 if you want a little bigger. Still 22 inch will perfom fine at 1600x1200.

The max resolution I was planning to run at was 1024x768, and anything more than 20 inches would be redundant for me. I don't really want to dish out too much money just for a monitor because I already have one that is just okay anyway.
I'll check out the Samsung monitors, thanks.

1024x768 is quite small....even 17 inchers are 1280x968. I would suggest a 19 inch then and play at 1280x968. You can get some good ones for not too much.

I would suggest for 1680x1050, the Samsung 226BW 22". For 1440x900, Samsung 906BW 19" or Samsung 941BW 19".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom