pc randomly restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

warchunks

Beta member
hi, i have a pc and when i first start it up my pc will start, shutdown, start, shutdown, rinse, repeat. It will do this until it finally stays on, and half the time it stays on the screen wont even get any input and will go to hibernate mode. it also will randomly shut down and restart. i need to have this fixed, but computer techs are worse then mechanics when it comes to screwing the unknowing customer, and i built this one on my own so i feel confident that i can repair it. as of now my senses tell me it is the power supply, but i can not be certain. any ideas?

amd athlon 64 3200+
nvidia geforce 6600
1gb kingswton memory
128 hard drive (cant remember brand, ill tear find out if its needed)
dvd-rom dx-dvdr 100 (thats what device manager lists my drive as)
allied atx-500 power supply (the suspect)
lmk if u guyes need anything else... i need to get this finished so i can not worry about it for my online college class over the summer... plus WoW is suffering too :D

oh yea also it has 3 fans, the one on the back, direct outside air delivering processor and one on the graphics card

no, when its going through its little "seizure cycle" it wont even boot to anything, the monitor wont even get a chance to get turned on or have a signel sent to it or w/e it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom