Upgrading to Vista But

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you shoudl stick to XP cause your not ready for the requirements that Vista needs. You think that cause XP runs fast that Vista should as well.

"But is runs on the newest hardware and blah."

True. But it is also totaly coded from the ground up. So it is nothing, and i mean NOTHING, like XP. So stop comparing Vista to XP people. The only thing that is the same is the layout of the OS. Computer, Documents only cause everyone knows where they are. Other than that the coding is completely different. Games wont run the same. Applicaitons wont run the same. If you are not ready to be on the lastest OS then wait! When you get faster hardware and Vista gets a few more Tweaks out for it, then try it.

Which version of Vista will run Good on a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz PC with 1GB Ram , 80GB Sata Drive

i mainly Game , Surf Net , MSN

last time i tried ultimate it went slow after 2 weekl but i just installed it on my laptop and its been fine but thats a C2D @ 1.6ghz

so which version ?

if you need to no more please ask !!!

The last time you tried ultimate, did you do a clean install of Vista, or an upgrade from a previous OS to Vista?

Only problem with running windows 2.11 for workgroups is that I don't have a floppy drive, and well i don't think that version will recognize my 500 gig SATA drive.

If it is true that Vista is totally coded from the ground up, and with the requirements as high as they are anyways, MS made a grave mistake by not using this opportunity to push the market into 64-bit. I know there is 64-bit Vista, but like XP, its not for mainstream use.

Being as companies are having to recompile their drivers and software anyways, why not upgrade to 64-bit? I honestly don't see why they left it 32-bit, its not like people with P3s and early P4s will be running it anyways.

Vista is known to be the LAST OS that they are going to do 32 Bit. Codename Vienna was announced to be strictly 64 Bit.

M$ didnt make a mistake with this. Yes 64 Bit is out there but it still doesnt cover about 80% of people that use PC's. Until companies support 64 Bit more why should M$ limit their income to those people only?

I for 1 dont use 64 Bit. As i have not seen the support that i would like from the developers yet. Till i see at least some effort i will stick to 32 Bit. At least i know M$ has me covered right now with Vista. Home Server as well. Along with Longhorn Server.

Vista is known to be the LAST OS that they are going to do 32 Bit. Codename Vienna was announced to be strictly 64 Bit.

I went online, probably not the most reliable of sources, but Wikipedia said "Microsoft has stated that "Vienna" will be available in both 32-bit and 64-bit for the client version, in order to ease the industry's transition from 32-bit to 64-bit computing" There is no citation, so it's probably false.

i freshly installed Windows Vista Home Premium with a legit Key W000t Running Fast with a score of 2.8 and 611MB of Ram Left !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom