Having a computer in a damp basement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

undergrounddlz

Baseband Member
I was just really wondering what other people thought about this. But my question is, if you are using a computer regularly in a somewhat damp basement, where I guess there is moisture in the air, would it do any harm, or anything bad? Because it seems like my CPU temp/ case temp has gone up possibly, or its just me, or the spot I moved it.

because my basement where my rooms at it feels damp down here, I try running a dehumidifier down here as much as possible, but I just don't know...

but what do you guys think? :)

whoa....a place with moisture, is not a good place for a computer to be...especially moisture in the air. You don't want it to short your computer. How long have you had it there?

whoa....a place with moisture, is not a good place for a computer to be...especially moisture in the air. You don't want it to short your computer. How long have you had it there?

Well its not like extream moisture, like you can't actually see mist or anything lol but it just has that clammy basement damp feeling.

I would definatly say move it, or try and revamp your basement so's its not all wet/moistair thing. its definatly not good for the computer tho.

ehh i have my old duron 700mhz in my damp basement since forever, works fine, and nicely cooled down there too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom