New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi ,
Im basically scrapping most of my old system for something new , i want to know if these are good parts and if ill see a increase in performance my old system :
AMD athlon 4400+ (s939) upgraded to : Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.67ghz) Socket 775 Fsb1066 4mb Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Winfast nf4sk8aa Upgraded to :
MSI P6N SLI-FI nvidia 650i Socket 775 ATX

1 GB of DDR Corsair XMS upgraded to :
OCZ 1GB DDR2 900MHz/PC2-7200 (OCZ2N900SR1G) SLI NVIDIA Certified ( two of these )

Winfast 7600gs ugraded to :
GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCIe SLI Video Card w/Dual DVI PCPartner
(I know its in america but even with shipping its still cheaper than getting one from the uk)

Ive got every other component needed.

Thanks

would there be any difference in performance between an e6600 and e6700 because ive never overclocked and dont want to break anything. Apart from that is everything ok?

i luv core 2 duos but e6700's are messed up, too expensive for the EDIT price/performance ratio EDIT stinks

You could also save money, by going with DDR2-800. There is really no difference between the e6600 and e6700. The e6700 just doesn't justify the extra money, for just 200MHz increase. When the e6600 can overclock 1GHz past that. And overclocking is safe these days. If you need help, we're here.

lol....verong...the e6700 doesn't have crappy performance, it's just the price/performance ratio is not good.

That will do fine. wow...not much choice there....only Corsair and OCZ.

maybe i jsut worded it wrong... but core 2 duos are awesome, lemme fix that........

Also take a look at the graphics card , it only just struck me that it doesnt seem to have a brand ... Is this ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom