Before you buy a monster gaming PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, this should be in the gaming section of the forum.

It doesn't really matter though does it

I would say get both I have a ps2,ps3,pc,xbox360,wii and a sega dreamcast (It is in the basement somewhere there was one good game called shenmue was too easy though when you got far in the game and practiced your moves allot you could take any boss out in 9 moves)

too be honest I haven't actually played on any of them much Idon't really game any more but I am rich and got to have the latest and greatest

To me, it's just a matter of preference. There are xbox fans and ps3 fans. Just go for what you want.

i prefer pc to console soley because i like fps and they are too hard to control on a console controller. also if u want to exp. the full potention of a ps3/360/wii u need to have a hd tv and ends up costing wat u could get for a mid range gaming comp maybe even high end and have the same range of games and more

Theres one very simple reason why i haven't bought either a 360 or PS3 and thats because you cant upgrade them, so you spend £££'s and then after a year they become old technology and new gear comes out then you just throw it in the loft/basement or sell it for next to nothing.
Where as with a pc all you have to do is upgrade the GPU or something, that doesnt cost as much as a new console would/does

only reason (this is personal opinion) that i think halo was so successful, was because it was a first person shooter done right on CONSOLES, pc's are far better and have (imo) way better FPS games than halo was.
i personally just bought a 360 for gaming on my computer's widescreen LCD too so ill have to agree its a lot cheaper alternative for a "monster" gaming PC, however, hearing all the stories, im sure the 360 will give us hardware problems sooner or later, like PC's.

But pcs do so much more than play games. (but thats not the point of the thread is it?)
pgr3 ftw

can't u like plugin ur xbox360 into ur PC now? i heard u can... i might try it with mine.... thank you vista!!

you can use the xbox as a media extender so you can use your home network and play videos/music off your computer through the xbox360 this technology isn't new and has been around for about 5+ years

why is that everyones reason for buying an xbox 360 or an xbox, Halo, its not that great seriously. and yes i have played them. plus i second that of a ps3, especialy when GT5 comes out on it.

that my friend, is hypocrisy. i never liked the GT games. probably in the same way you don't seem to like the Halo games. it's a poor excuse to trade one for the other in reccomendations.

vernong, i don't know exactly what you mean but i sure as heck wouldn't thank Vista for it. whether you mean via ethernet or video you could do either long before Vista. though apparently MS have done some sneaky stuff involving Media Centre to try and force a relationship between Vista and XB360.

at the end of the day PCs are upgradeable and consoles aren't. consoles are proprietary, with proprietary software. i'd rather have an upgradeable pc with limitless software possibilities.

upgradiabitliy? i spelled it wrong for sure! but is a major reason to take a pc anyday, i just wait for a sucker to sell their xbox360 for the elite and i get good prices.... mahahahahahahahahahaha i was talking about the media center hook-up thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom