Looking to upgrade GFX card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid State Member
I bought Unreal 2004 and my Geforce 2 MX200 32 MG just aint cutting it. Damn CPU just quit the game last time.

My motherboard: 845 Chipset Socket 478 P4 MATX
Processor: P4 1.7 GHz
Memory: 1 gig of PC133 SDRAM

Now I'm not sure my motherboard has a AGP slot or not. I'm pretty sure it does. So whats the best I can do that my processor can handle? I think its called 'bottlenecking" but not sure. How far can I go with the 1.7 ghz cpu?

I'm liking the Radeon 9600 256 MB, but I'm thinking the 1.7 proccesor won't be able to bring out the cards full potential.

The 1.7 GHz processor is good enough for just about any graphics card, though the max your motherboard would support is 2.6 GHz (400 MHz FSB).

Your big bottleneck so far is the fact that you're using an i845 chipset, which can only take standard SDRAM.

Anyway u will have change ur mobo,RAM and processor.
So this is the right time to go for an AMD solution which especially is a gamer's delight.

Well I'm only looking to upgrade the gfx card only. Basically with my motherboard, ram, and processor can I play Unreal Tournament 2004 at maximum?

Perhaps on the 9800. I'm sure there going to be another price drop on these cards sooner or later. This market being so voliatile and all. Anyone know when the next batch of Video cards are to be coming out?

Radeon lastest is the x800.
And nVidia has 6800.

Anyone know what there working on next/?

They are working on lower models, like the Radeon X200.

Also they will be working to get the most out of PCI Express.

Id definatly change that mobo but if you cant id go with a cheap 9600 which would work good or if you can afford it id go with a 5700 ultra good card i like both nvidia and radeon even though there rivals :)

Kangaroo said:
They are working on lower models, like the Radeon X200.

Also they will be working to get the most out of PCI Express.

Excuse my correction, but the ones that are coming out are the x300 and x600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom