Before you buy a monster gaming PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Consider an XBOX 360... I enjoy it better for gaming for these reasons:

1. It's Cheaper. My cousin and I just SPLIT a used premium with 2 wireless controllers = $300 total. (That's like "a stick of ram" when you split the cost)

2. It always works. You don't ever have to worry about upgrading, or getting a virus, or it not being able to handle a game.

3. It's more enjoyable. You can play with many friends, and it's always nice to have something everyone can enjoy.

4. It prevents you from becoming a hermit. I hated being at my desk all the time. It's great to leave the pc and go relax with some Gears of War or PGR3.

5. Its graphics are incredible. With the elite boasting 1080i, the graphics are stunning for their price. It already has a unified shader, which is the defining feature of DX10!

6. You will naturally invest in a huge TV. One look at this thing on an LCD and you'll be compelled to buy an equally equipped tv to take advantage of such a think. And ya know what? Since you saved so much freakin money, you won't give it a second thought either.

I suggest getting both, but don't spend over $800 on a new pc. The tilt of the 360 makes spending $1500 on a pc just irrational. I strongly suggest you check it out if you haven't already.

ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 and lost planet are coming out for the PC arent they? I like Pc games better. Just nice to chat and game at the same time. All my friends play PC games more than console too. I never worry about getting a virus. And last I'd get a ps3 before I'd get an xbox 360.

why not a ps3? it can be a gaming console and a pce, and is a better deal than the 360 elite. Hardware wise, also you don't have to pay to play online

imho, 360 is far better than ps3 in like... every category but blu-ray. I've played both, but I won't go into that. I'd just hate to see someone spend a huuuge amount of cash seeking a good gaming experience, without first trying Gears of War or something.

EDIT: *sigh*

PS3 < 360 because:
1. Too expensive
2. Games don't look as good
3. 256 ram (can't handle some 360 games)
4. Halo 3

imho, 360 is far better than ps3 in like... every category but blu-ray. I've played both, but I won't go into that. I'd just hate to see someone spend a huuuge amount of cash seeking a good gaming experience, without first trying Gears of War or something.

EDIT: *sigh*

PS3 < 360 because:
1. Too expensive
2. Games don't look as good
3. 256 ram (can't handle some 360 games)
4. Halo 3

It's all a matter of personal opinion. I'd rather get a ps3 because I know several titles I'd like to play. MGS4 , RE5, DMC 4 , etc. I don't know whose games look better because the games probably havent used the full potential of each system but I'm sure as **** not gonna take your word for it.

why is that everyones reason for buying an xbox 360 or an xbox, Halo, its not that great seriously. and yes i have played them. plus i second that of a ps3, especialy when GT5 comes out on it.

ps3 FTW
1.CBE processes everything on the fly so n need to fill up the ram with instructions since the ram never gets full due to the extremely high bandwith and efficiency of the CBE
2.Blu-ray
3.MGS4,Heavenly Sword,GT5 etc.
4.less expensive than getting a elite with any addon or if you buy all the addons for the 360
5.40player death matcherson Resistance Fall of Man compared to GOW's measly 8 player online
6.Free Online play
7.Home

The point is....

Consoles are starting to get some MAJOR power and they're relatively cheap for what it would cost to build something of equal graphics power.

So check one out before you buy a pc. That's all I ask. I wish I had...

lol...never said anything bennyV, lol.
and whoever said above that halo isnt that good can kiss my hairy buttocks. when halo came out it was the bombinest game ever made. and it still is pretty good, probably in the top five all time best a**-kickin great games.
i still have my old xbox collecting dust next to my 36" flatscreen.
i still turn it on to play samurai warriors or halo, every once in awhile.
but i do find that it is extremely slow (or so it seems to me) to respond...not like playing a pc game that reacts so quickly. but, i haven't ever played a 360 in depth...so it may kick butt, i dunno.
i would like to get my hands on gears of war, though...no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom