TV-Tuner Vista Compatible?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDerekI

Baseband Member
Hello
I just installed my 4 year old TV-Tuner card in my new Vista 64 machine and it didnt work.
Now im not surprized.
Yet i just spent the last 3 hour searching the internet for information on what TV-tuner card i can purchase to get going again and i have found it very hard since there is alot of SALE SALE SALE which is hard to make sense of .

My Computer:

3Ghz pentium D
2G Ram
Vista 64

I have been useing
Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List
to figuere out which cards are compatable.

Yet of all my searching the only compatible card with reasonable price is.
[YUAN] FALCON2 PG600-2

I also found the Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP RM TV Tuner Video Capture Card

Which has a very similer name to some of the names listed on the Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List you think that one will work?. I must admit my budget is pretty tight right now hence even attempting to install a 4 year old card into a Vista64 machine.

Please help me find a cheap Vista64 compatible TV-tuner card.

The Leadtek WinFast can be ruled out with one look at the specifications seen on it at Leadtek - We make dreams a reality I've been dual booting XP along with Vista here in order to even use the tuner card installed.

It doesn't look good for the Yuan model either after seeing

OS REQUIRED Microsoft ® Windows ® XP SP1/2, Windows ® 2000 SP4, or Windows ® XP Media Center

The one model seen that is Vista certified for a pci device, YUAN FUNTV-TUN881, can be looked over at YUAN High-Tech

I went out shoping today and even though most shops were not open[sunday] , non had any vista compatible tv-tuners. never mind ones that work on Vista64.
This is getting me excited, owning a TV-Tuner that atualy works on Vista64 would make me uber seeing how hard i have had to search.
I used to run my TV on FedoraCore-5.
Don't want to duelboot back to fedoracore but if i have to i will.

I went out shoping today and even though most shops were not open[sunday] , non had any vista compatible tv-tuners. never mind ones that work on Vista64.
This is getting me excited, owning a TV-Tuner that atualy works on Vista64 would make me uber seeing how hard i have had to search.
I used to run my TV on FedoraCore-5.
Don't want to duelboot back to fedoracore but if i have to i will.

When I had vista installed, I thought I was going to have the same problem as you with my TV Tuner. I was able to get mine to work by changing it's compatibility. Make sure you have the drivers installed, then right click on the program you run your tuner in. At the top, click the compatibility tab. Click the box next to "run this program in compatibility mode for" and pick XP. If that doesn't work, try any of the previous versions in the rare chance that one will work. If it doesn't work for you, my guess is it's the fact you're using 64 bit vista. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom