Cant Boot Into Vista Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
In vista, I was using EasyBCD, and I didnt like how long it waited before booting into the default OS, XP. So I changed the timeout to 3 seconds. Since then, Ive really found no need for Vista. But now that I want to use it, when my computer boots, I dont even get the option of choosing XP or Vista for those three seconds. Ive tried mashing the UP & DOWN arrow keys as it boots to try and get it to stop, but it doesnt help. Ive also tried installing EasyBCD in xp, but it just continually tells me that there is no Vista bootloader installed, would you like to install one, installed successfully, please restart the program. When you restart the program, you get the same set of dialog boxes.

I am going thru the same issue right now myself. I am guessing that you installed XP after Vista and that XP is on a different partition.

I am working with ComputerGuru the creator of this applicaiotn to solve my problem. As soon as i get a resolution i will let you know what to do.

You can remove EasyBCD ffrom the XP side there. When booting from the Vista installation disk simply look at the bottom of the screen when you see the "Install Vista now" option. Vista has an automantic startup repair tool that will immediately restore Vista as the default OS. Once at the desktop you then re use EasyBCD to assign XP as the default OS and allow a little more time like 10-15 seconds to avoid problems.

That should you see going again in no time. I can recommend EasyBCD over VistaBootPRO any day of the week having used it here. For adding XP into the Vista boot loader? All the articles and manual edits with the BCD tool never seem to work. You are then forced to reinstall Vista since it's the newer version of Windows.

I am using EasyBCD. I know the creator CG and he is walking me thru the process of working to get them both on the boot laoder. Plus VistaBootPro is just a rip off of EasyBCD. Pro-Networks was ****ed at CG cause he got all the credit for creating the applicaiton when they wanted it. So they got EasyBCD adn copied it from him.

I got my Vista back from within XP. I didnt have to format and re-install.

Best bet is to go to NeoSmart Forums - NeoSmart Technologies

From there sign up and make a topic. Computer Guru will be able to help you get accomplished what you want. He helped me get my Vista back.

When trying the two different ones here(VistaBootPRO, EasyBCD later) I initially saw a goof with Vista trying to add a second version of XP. Vista wouldn't boot later. Solution: boot from the Vista installation disk and use the repair startup problems option. When Vista booted after I then simply used the EasyBCD to reassign XP as the default OS.

I tried installing both of those on XP and ended removing them there. With Vista installed after no problem. It fixes the Vista boot and gets you to the Vista desktop for then using EasyBCD. The automatic tool on the install disk does work since there's no recovery console anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom