new comp build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the 8600gts is faster than the 1900gt, what does it compare to then..I'm guessing somewhere around where the 7900gt is? I've looked for reviews but what I found was inaccurate, in some reviews the 8600 beats the 1900, vice versa

the windows vista that i chose, as you can see in the previous page, is it an upgrade that i have to have windows xp, or is it stand alone that i wont need to have a previous operating system to install?

also if a product is oem, its still plug and play, as in when i boot up the computer for the first time, it will work without any problem rite? and when i do put the system together, all i have to do is put in the os and it will do everything automatically, or will i need to work with bios?

Well you do have to go into the BIOS, to set the boot priority to CD drive first, before the hard drive. And when you boot, it will ask you to "Press Any Key to boot from CD", then just follow the instructions to install the OS. Then after you're done, take out the CD, go in the BIOS, and set the boot priority back to hard drive first.

so when i first turn on the computer with everything installed, bios will automatically come up and from there one the options ill see first is boot priority to cd?

When you first turn on the computer, you will see the BIOS come up. The first thing that you'll see is the main menu, that shows time, date, etc.. You go to where it says "Boot", and then Boot Device Priority. You set the CD drive to the first priority. Then save the settings, and it will restart. Thats when you will insert the disc, and then you follow the instructions from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom