Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering.....does the GPU client use the core more than the console client?

no.. not unless you changed this question during config "CPU usage requested (5-100) [100]?"

It should use 100% of that core, Im sure if you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and looked at preformance it should be up to the top, If you set the affinity to one core.

It is set to 100. I was asking this question, because I am running both the GPU and console client. GPU on core 1, and the console on core 2. While at that, I have a lot of programs opened. And I was wondering, if I should set all these programs to either core 1 or 2. I thought the GPU client would take less core, since it's folding on my X1950PRO. So I decided to set all the programs I have opened, on the same core as the GPU, to leave 100% to the console client on core 2.

oh geezz... i thought you ment GUI LOLOL I'm an idiot dont mind me... im still hungover lol.. Wait for ED to answer that question.. because He's the only one I know running the GPU... The set up there makes sense.. I would imagine the GPU takes up less cpu power..

But this is what I read off the Wiki

Client looks like it is using lots of CPU time: Graphics drivers must poll the GPU to see if it is done. This will look like a lot of CPU time being used, but nothing is really being done, so one can run other relatively CPU heavy code at the same time. However, we do not recommend running multiple FAH clients, as this can significantly slow down the GPU client. A good rule of thumb: leave at least 25% of the CPU time available for the GPU client.

So it uses some but not all of it...

lol....well the GPU client is the GUI version. The one you thought, I was talking about, was the graphical client(I guess the GUI version of the console client). Right now, both cores are running at full 100%. The programs I have opened, aren't demanding. It's just firefox, winamp, aim, vlc, and everest.

w00t! We're makin' progress. Nice 24hr avg....Ethereal.

By tomorrow night, I will add another 1300 points!

Ethereal......What are the temps on your X1950XT, while folding? Are you on stock cooling?

Yeah, stock cooling... I don't have anything to monitor temps now, but when I had the ATi Tool, it was about 55*C ish.... while folding

BTW, B1GAPL, CONGRATS on highest 24 hours point average for today. 664!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom