GeForce 8800 GTX ok without Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no i can go up to dx10 but u can still use xp

umm, no? Maybe I'm just confused by your statement and you meant the 8800 still works on XP with DX9..

Also to everyone saying there will be a performance drop using a DX10 card in XP, that might not be the case currently. I know when I used vista, the drivers were HORRIBLE. My framerate took a huge dip because of poorly written drivers. Maybe it's changed right now, but I'm doubting everything is fixed driver wise right now.....but in the future then yes, there will be a performance drop.

Yes there will be a performance drop, but nothing you would notice. The card was meant to take advantage of directx 10 and will be running off of directx9 on XP.

no i can go up to dx10 but u can still use xp
Uhm.. No you cannot use directx10 on Xp, I think you wrote your sentence wrong = /

Well im going to want:
Alan Wake
Crysis
Flight Sim X
maybe Halo 2
and a few others when they come out...
should I just go ahead and get it then?

If you want to take advantage of DX10 in those games, you need Vista.

Are the bugs in Vista that bad?

im not sure..
some people and sites say it is yet some say it isnt...
i dont want to get Vista with my new build and have all kinds of trouble and then be stuck with it then...

If you don't want to worry, I'd say go with XP. Then just upgrade to Vista when everything is settled, and DX10 games are available. But I don't think the bugs can be that bad. I could be wrong.

If you don't want to worry, I'd say go with XP. Then just upgrade to Vista when everything is settled, and DX10 games are available. But I don't think the bugs can be that bad. I could be wrong.

They're just annoying things that shouldn't happen in an OS. Small little bugs that could easily be fixed (or at least it seems so to me), driver issues, some of your programs may not work, and for me, I kept getting a bunch of BSODs, my guess is from poorly written drivers. Overall, the ONLY thing that would make me want to go back to vista is DX10, but IMO they should have just made a SP3 for XP and not a new OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom