Geforce 8800 Ultra SLI or quad core qx6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
Currently I can spend around HK$10000 which is a bit less than US$1300 and I might geting 8800 ultra sli or maybe gtx depends on availibilty of ultra and so on. If I get sli i have to buy new psu new motherboard that is compatible with sli and also the 2 cards connector which i might not have enough money and probably wil get soon. Please post the prices of each item the lowest prices. Also if I was to get quad core qx6800 will it be better? This means i am upgrading only my cpu and not anything else. Hope you guys can give me good decision.

You will NOT be able to get 8800 Ultra SLI for less than $1300 US... You would be looking at $1700 US or so after shipping. Aslo, the Ultra is an overclocked GTX, hardly worth the $300 mark-up PER CARD... What are the specs of your current PC?

OK first.....the 8800 Ultra is a complete waste of money. For $300 more, than the GTX, it doesn't beat the GTX significantly. SLI is not worth it, unless you play at extremely high resolutions. I suggest just getting one GTX, and overclocking it. Also What processor do you currently have?

what are your current PC specs? The Ultra can be made out of a regular GTX with a voltmod and a waterblock on there while being about 200 bucks cheaper still.

So um yeah, right now i have a ASUS P5LD2-VM motherboard that has PCI-E slot and Pentium D 930 3.0Ghz overclocked to 3.5Ghz should i consider selling my old AGP 6800 ultra? i have it and it is not compatible with my new motherboard and i dont want to buy new 1 unless i really go for SLI but anyways how much would be a second hand 6800 now?

I would sell the 6800. It's outdated. Also I would go for maroon1's suggestion. But for around $1300, I would suggest:

e6600
Gigabyte 965P-DS3 or P5B-Deluxe
2gb G. Skill HZs
8800GTX
Corsair 520w or 620w

oh yeah btw if i would sell it where would i sell it? ebay? i dont have paypal or anything and no credit card. so if i wanted cash to sell it where would it be the best to sell? i like your idea but should i keep my motherboard if i wanted only 1 8800 gtx and would 500 watt psu be enough for 8800 gtx 1 dvd burner 2 sata HD? and also is quad core worth it? i heard that it has boost in some applications but if it was for games then would it boost that much?

Edit: also if i wanted 8800 gtx does it matter which 1 i buy? there are few companies such as asus, galaxy, bfx, xfx, gigabyte, inno3d and all those stuff. I see a price difference with different companies and why is this? also is it better if i get a 8800 gtx aquatank? its around HK$5850 which is around $750.

Quad core is not yet worth it for games, because we haven't taken full advantage of dual core gaming yet. A 500w PSU will be enough, if it has enough amps. What is your PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom