PSU Rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
What is considered regular deviation for 3.3, 5, and 12V rails?

Also, would a constant (non-fluctuating) lower-than-normal voltage on a 12V rail cause any damage to a motherboard, video card, etc?

The rails usually perform slightly under average, e.g. 11.89 over 12v, because there is other loads on it.

I know that... But recently, both my motherboard and video card gave out. Some people suspected it was my PSU, so I tested the volts today, and from what I can see on an analogue multimeter, my 12V rail is at like 11.25V. But it's constantly at that, it never jumps up or down.

But something undervolted won't cause damage, will it? I thought only having too much voltage on a rail would cause damage to components.

something under volt IMO would draw more amps to get to the required wattage. The higher amps can do damage, But thats only a guess

Well... The bottom line is, I need to know if having a 12V rail at 11.25V under full load is something to worry about, and if it's good enough reason to go to Antec wanting an RMA.

That is below acceptable level.

Rails can flucturate 5% +/-.
Therefore the 12V rail can be anywhere between 11.40 and 12.60 Volts.

It doesn't surprise me that its an ultra either...

That is below acceptable level.

Rails can flucturate 5% +/-.
Therefore the 12V rail can be anywhere between 11.40 and 12.60 Volts.

It doesn't surprise me that its an ultra either...

Who said it was an ultra? :confused:

It's an Antec Smartpower 2.0 400W.

I'm not even sure if it's really 11.25V. I'm using an analogue multimeter, and it's very difficult to get an accurate reading with it... All I know is that it's a little below 12V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom