shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I want an ultra x2 psu but it would seem you can only buy them in the US I have found a site which ships to the uk but they are they trying to rip me off it will cost me $120 shipping for this package:

X2 UV Power Supply - Titanium with UV Blue
Mfg Part# ULT31852 Provantage# ULTR05P.
In Stock. $102.76

Wireless G Plus Desktop NIC
Mfg Part# F5D7001 Provantage# BELR00L.
In Stock. $36.12

Serial ATA Cable 7PIN/7PIN UV 2 - Blue
Mfg Part# F2N1191-02-BLU Provantage# BELN1KE.
$4.00 x 3

Ultra ATA/133 Round Cable 40SOK 18 inch Solid Blue
Mfg Part# F2N1123-18IN-BL Provantage# BELC13L.
In Stock. $5.20

TriCool 80m Case Fan with 3-Speed Switch *Blue LED*
Mfg Part# TRICOOL80MM BLUE L Provantage# ANTF02C.
In Stock. $4.11 x 3

TriCool 120mm Case Fan with 3-Speed Switch *Blue LED*
Mfg Part# 761345-75024-0 Provantage# ANTF02H.
In Stock. $9.55

SpotCool System Cooler 3-Speed Flexible Fan
Mfg Part# SPOT COOL Provantage# ANTF037.
In Stock. $10.64
subtotal: $188
shipping: $121
total: $310.20

I did also want to buy another VX2245 but that pushes the total for parts to $545 and shipping to $245 (£120)

ok first off why do you have to have this X2 PSU from the US? whats so special about it and why wont a good quality PSU from the likes of Ebuyer, Scan do the job?
And the other parts like fans, why from the US?

Hello,

I agree.

If you're going to purchase all computer parts from a country overseas and have them shipped to you, then expect to pay considerably more.

Not to mention the customs charge for goods exceeding the value of £18, that you will have to pay in order to receive your goods from the courier when they arrive in the UK (if goods are being imported from a non EU country, in your case the US).

My advice? Just purchase your components from online stores in the UK.

well the psu is a good brand, is aesthetically ideal for my case and the way I have modded it, it is also modular which obviously helps with airflow as my case is cluttered with wires atm and is the right wattage.

I can not find a general psu that goes with the colour scheme of my case which is blue and polished silver. My current psu is fine but looks out of place so there is no point replacing it with another which looks out of place. The psu is only sold in the US but used to be sold in the UK but they only seem to sell the latest models e.g. the X3 which is 1000W

The case fans are just extras which I could buy from anywhere just that they cost the same in the uk as buying them in the us an shipping them over the price difference makes up for the shipping.

I have found a UK store called kustom pc where the owner of the store talks on the forums but he has not got back to me on whether he can order these parts

for the sake of colour i wouldnt want the hassle and extra cost of buying from another country............... but its up to you.

well for this build I have sanded an polished have of the normal dull grey case paint to near mirror finish which took a huge effort I might as well get the right psu to go with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom