e4300 too hot with 9500led

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas I have Zalman 9500led on my e4300 and the here are the idle stock temps:

TAT: 46C and 43C

Core Temp: 39C and 38C

I have Thermaltake Armour case:

Chassis Series-

Now the 1st time I applied a thin layer of AC5 all over the CPU and the temps were a little higher but the 2nd time I used AC5's guide and applied only a thin layer of AC5 and the temps have dropped like 2 degrees. Someone suggested lapping the cpu and the heatsink because he said they are probably not flat enough. How can I measure the flatness? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That's not really that hot, that's what my AMD 3200+ ran at.

Did you clean the bottom of the HSF and the top of the CPU with rubbing alcohol before you installed it?

It isn't too good for idle stock temps.. Load temps would probably be around 55 or so and that doesn't leave much headroom for an overclock. Apparently, there's a pretty big variation of quality in e4300s so some are just as good as Conroes without the extra cache while others are crippled like this. I would try lapping it like the other guy said and some people also put their Zalmans facing the wrong way so make sure it's blowing towards the exhaust :p.

Hey fellas I have Zalman 9500led on my e4300 and the here are the idle stock temps:

TAT: 46C and 43C

Core Temp: 39C and 38C

I have Thermaltake Armour case:

Chassis Series-

Now the 1st time I applied a thin layer of AC5 all over the CPU and the temps were a little higher but the 2nd time I used AC5's guide and applied only a thin layer of AC5 and the temps have dropped like 2 degrees. Someone suggested lapping the cpu and the heatsink because he said they are probably not flat enough. How can I measure the flatness? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

eh?
AS guide says to apply a small dot, not spread it all over the place.
this is likely not your problem, just thought id clear that up for the noobs.
one small dot...move hsf back and forth to clear air, secure hsf.
dude a dot the size of a bb will cover your cpu once it sets...
there is NO NEED to cover the entire heat spreader.
lapping your cpu is foolish unless you know what you are doing. eh, i would lean toward a lemon cpu before a crooked cpu and hsf. JMO, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom