OC on asus p5wd2 premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungleland

Baseband Member
OVERCLOCKING on asus p5wd2 premium?

I have an ASUS p5wd2 premium with a pentium D 830 3ghz and 2gb of OCZ XTC platinum 800mhz.

assuming I take care of my cpu temp problems

what are the best over clocking settings?

CPU voltage?

PCIE voltage?

PCIE frequency?

DRAM timing

CPU multiplier

FSB?

and any other setting I may have left out?

thanks...

Don't touch the PCI-e settings, unless you know what you're doing. Set the ram timings to manufacturers specifications. I think yours is like 4-4-4-15. I could be wrong, so check to make sure. Leave the multiplier where it is. Then just up the FSB, in small increments. Then test for stability. Use programs like Prime95 or Orthos. A good stabiliy run is 8-24hrs. So run it overnight when you sleep. If it's stable, up the FSB more. If it's not stable, you probably have to up the voltage on the VCore (CPU). But don't go to high. I'm not sure of the safe voltages for Pentium Ds. I think 1.2v-1.4v...

Don't touch the PCI-e settings, unless you know what you're doing. Set the ram timings to manufacturers specifications. I think yours is like 4-4-4-15. I could be wrong, so check to make sure. Leave the multiplier where it is. Then just up the FSB, in small increments. Then test for stability. Use programs like Prime95 or Orthos. A good stabiliy run is 8-24hrs. So run it overnight when you sleep. If it's stable, up the FSB more. If it's not stable, you probably have to up the voltage on the VCore (CPU). But don't go to high. I'm not sure of the safe voltages for Pentium Ds. I think 1.2v-1.4v...

thank you...How about the MEM voltage? I have it set at 2.1 right now...

I think that's fine.

ok, went into the bios and the timing was set to auto and it had it at 5-4-4-15,

I put it at 4-4-4-15, also, the only setting there was for FSB was termination voltage, there was a CPU multiplier but that's it, it was set at 200.

I also, to comment on the CPU temp thread, as I am still waiting for the Arctic clean and new tube of AS5 and my Zalman 9500, I thought I would use my last bit of thermal compound and try the credit card trick, that did not work, it must be the heatsink...or a bad board ....

So first start off by setting the FSB at 210. That will give you 3.15GHz.

So first start off by setting the FSB at 210. That will give you 3.15GHz.

Ok....so the "external frequency" is the FSB? I have played with that before, I have had her up to about 3.8ghz before, and thats about the breaking point. But once I get the CPU temp thing under control, I will try to push her back up there and see what happens...Really hoping the Zalman HS works out..

Back to the memory, I moved it to 4-4-4-15, How low can I go? can I go to 3-3-3-15? or 2-2-2-15 or some combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom