soundcard for vista = worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed: Here was his exact reply.

Member: Bigred @ Overclockersclub.com
"
for starters basic logic says MS has to do it.

trying to use that to force gamers to come over to vista when they keep getting slammed with bad performance in games... not going well in thier favor.

and like I've said before, worked at MS, have inside sources... sources say it's in the works.

when is hard to say. lots of resources at MS have been pulled off other projects to push forward with vienna
"

To say it again, DX10 will eventually come out for XP.

Well then you did something wrong my friend, either that or your hardware sucks. And about the drivers, Nvidia came out with new drivers for the Vista April 17th for the GTS/GTX series, and I have yet to a single problem since.

LMFAO!! Ya, because windows is all mighty and powerful and could NEVER EVER screw itself over with some bad coding.............hahahahaaaaaaaa!! Windows apologist.

Well, what we're saying is why would you want to bother with all that when XP is tried and true. It's had all it's major bugs fixed. I suppose you could get Vista and spend time figuring out work arounds for bugs and stuff, I think given enough time and access to google a mature 9 year old could accomplish that.

I don't know what KingAustin would be referring to when he says, "There is no getting around certain errors in any Windows OS" but even you have to agree that there are some bugs in Vista that make it hard (not impossible.. simply time consuming) to use, especially if you have a lot of hardware (ie, sound card, raid card, etc).

For example, a popular package for Linux that deals with network compatibility between the Linux OS and Vista is something called Samba. While I haven't experienced this problem myself (because I don't currently run Linux) or I am even aware that this is still a current issue (for all I know this could've been resolved a year ago.. keep in mind this is only an example), I've read where Vista isn't authorizing the Samba program to allow data transfer between the Linux machine and the Vista machine. I'm not sure whether or not that's by design or a flaw on Vista's part, or because Samba hasn't been updated to communicate. There was a 30 page discussion on the issue at this other forum and they were searching like crazy to find a solution and they concluded that it's either too early and one or both parties needed to develop and debug to find out what the problem is.

It's just stuff like that that make me want to just WAIT until the first service pack to jump into a new operating system. It's pointless to deal with all those headaches when you could stick with a working operating system and get Vista when all those problem are already resolved.

I don't know what you mean when you say games minimize faster. Unless you were using bad XP drivers, this just defies common sense. Vista's interface, as you know, is obviously more graphically intense than XP. It uses a gob more RAM and takes GPU cycles. How in the world can the game minimize and give you a smoother performing UI than XP? I have to say, that's a bit of a stretch to believe.

well what u guys have to understand is that Vista now may have some problems, but still is doing somewhat better then XP did when it launched *based on what u guys said about XP's launch*. I suggest anyone who wants to buy Vista, wait until at least SP1 comes out for it, that way many bugs can be fixed, n everyone will be happy ^_^.

for example, HD 2900 XTX was delayed by bad benchmark results n i was waiting to get this card, but since it was delayed this give AMD more time to work on it, fix the bugs or whatever, then bring it back to the public for testing. This helps me out more because it's hard to get a job now a days, because ive come to a conclusion that the economy is in a recession, even IBM n Nokia Siemens Networks r dropping workers.

Nokia Siemens Networks drops the axe on 9000 jobs - Engadget

IBM gearing up to lay off over 100000 American employees? - Engadget

as for the sound cards, it's a real bummer to hear that most sound cards r not working too well with Vista. Again, just wait for SP1 to come out; in my speculation of release date, probably Q3-Q4 2007 or Q1 2008.

bah wildside :D
It's more like the executives who make 300gs a year...don't want to cut back to say 250gs....instead, they cut workers.

Of course, I don't mind MS execs making what they do, because they aren't overpaid as much as others. Example...Bill Gates $300k a year....XXX $14.5mil a year. Yeah some say Mr Gates has more...but that only counts if he actually sells all the stock he has. That's like how some of the Yahoo guys bought 20mil in toys when their stock was worth $200mil, then when it crashed to $2mil, they were bankrupt and owed money. Mr Gates, his philanthropy and the same of his employees is just awesome...maybe that's why some people hate MS and Windows? hehe - yeah yeah offtopic ;)

And a lot of these companies drop american or developed country workers to hire cheap 3rd world...outsourcing blows

People could also use the compatibility app...and just wait. I know all my stuff works, so I don't have to. Oooh...I am getting an HD camcorder, I haven't tested it yet...maybe it will work with Vista (camera app), maybe not. But I will say it will.

good heavens talk about sidetracked jibberish....did a single one of you see the link I posted to see what I'm talking about?

I didn't start this thread to bash vista, which I think is awsome, but because I was very disappointed that my sound card I spent almost $100 on is going to be worthless unless I am running an OpenAL application.

One guy said his soundcard was useful in Vista, but unless your using an OpenAL application, then the soundcard isn't helping you one bit......

For example, listening to mp3's doesn't use OpenAL

good heavens talk about sidetracked jibberish....did a single one of you see the link I posted to see what I'm talking about?

I didn't start this thread to bash vista, which I think is awsome, but because I was very disappointed that my sound card I spent almost $100 on is going to be worthless unless I am running an OpenAL application.

One guy said his soundcard was useful in Vista, but unless your using an OpenAL application, then the soundcard isn't helping you one bit......

For example, listening to mp3's doesn't use OpenAL

?????? I USED Vista EXCLUSIVELY for over a month. With my Audigy 2ZS, ALL SOUND WORKED. I play my mp3's with winamp, my game sound worked (I mostly played company of heroes at that time), I also had UT2k4 and I believe FEAR all installed. I dont know where you found this OpenAL information, but it's not true.

no **** sound works, but via software based acceleration only, sound card = hardware, thus its not using your sound card.

**** nevermind i'll ask in another forum where people might understand what i'm asking

no **** sound works, but via software based acceleration only, sound card = hardware, thus its not using your sound card.

**** nevermind i'll ask in another forum where people might understand what i'm asking

WOW. It DOES use your sound card you *******. You know what, do go ahead and go to another forum, ignorant jackass. I would know the difference if it wasn't using my audigy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom