cheapest gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys, i think you have convinced me on an AMD build. because it is for my brother, who only does moderate gaming, i was convinced, but if it was for me, i think i would always go for intel. anyways, i have no clue about the amd systems as i am an intel fan, and only know stuff about intel.. all the basic stuff are the same but i need info about the cpu and mobo.
so could u guys build me a cheap amd gaming rig that is close or similar to performance with the e4300. i have the gpu.

i hava a major question. how much difference is there in performance when we compare the e4300 and the x2 3600 both on factory settings? i mean with out any overclocks and other stuff, is there a lot of permormance difference between those two?

one more question, till what ghz can i overclock the x2 3600+ with only using the fan and heatsink provided with it and what conroe cpu will it compare to after overclock with factory HSF.in other words, how much can i overclock with the included fan and heatsink, and how much can i overclock if i get a third party heatsink and fan. and what conroe cpu will it compare to using a factory HSF and a third party HSF.
so guys, could you explain all these things to me as i am a newb to comp building and really a newb with amds,
and if u could suggest a cheap gaming rig that would be highly appereciated.

thanks a lot

As previously posted by maroon1, an overclocked X2 3600+, is in the neighborhood of a stock e6600. On stock cooling you could probably go 2.7-2.9GHz, and on aftermarket....3.0GHz+.

so u mean, X2 3600+ overclocked to a 2.7 Ghz will come very close to e6600's stock performance?
if thats true, than its pretty sick and i'll get it right now

thanks for the help

Well an overclocked X2 3600+ to 3.2-3.4GHz like maroon1 said before, is in the neighborhood of a stock e6600. A 2.7GHz clocked X2 3600+, is more like an e6400.

thanks a lot for ur help man,
i am just taking a look at the build u suggested, and looks awesome
i'll keep bothering u guys if i have more questions
thanks dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom