GPU, upgrade now or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
album_pic.php

dude for the record, step up sucks.
you pay 1/3 more for a card you can get from newegg...you wait for 3-4 weeks for it. sell your card on ebay and then buy another. dont use step up, it sounds good on paper, but really it is wack.

That is good to know (about the step-up program), although the main reason I would go EVGA if I buy a nVidia card is for thier high standing warranty service. The more I think and read about it though, I am finding it harder and harder to justify the purchase of any of the current (for forthcoming from ATI) DX10 cards. It just seems a lot more practical to get a better DX9 GPU for the time being.

Just get a 7900GS for now, which is still a good card for gaming. And when you're ready to go DX10, sell the 7900GS, and get a DX10 card.

^^word^^
you can overclock the evga 7900 really well. though it is such an impressive card, usually it is not neccessary to do so...you cna still run most games at high.

I am going to wait and see what Crysis is gonna like before buying my DX10 card.

So far my X1900XTX has been awsome in everything...I would have to recommend an ATI X1900XT 512 or X1950 256MB....you can find good deals on both...so far my ati drivers have been rock solid and I have dabbled in most the newer games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom