DVD Drive doesn't fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanLedet

In Runtime
I feel a little silly askin this because i built my entire computer without a single problem...except my DVD drive doesn't fit in the drive bay. I bought it as OEM...if i would have gotten retail, would it have come with a piece that fits inside the drive bay? It's loose in there, none of the screws I have will thread it or are not long enough to reach it.

here's the case I got:
Newegg.com - Antec PERFORMANCE TX TX1050B Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W ATX12V v2.0 Power Supply - Retail
I was able to put in a card reader in the smaller 3.5" drive bay...but the dvd drives have no support and only a few screw holes...what am I missing?

It is probably a 'toolless' design.. you srew 2 brackets to the sides of the drive, and it then just slides into place in the case... there are no pics of the drive bays on Newegg, so I can't say for certain, and the specs don't mention it either....

See below picture.... I found this on this case: Newegg.com - Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
11-133-132-09.jpg

That makes almost perfect sence. On the bottom of my case, there are 8 of those...but they're mounted down. It makes sence because there's 8, and there's four 5.25" drive bays. When I get home this evening I'll give that a try and let you know if that's what they're for. Now that you post those pictures, it seems logical. Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!

yep thats how it is, i got the same thing on mine, man was it annoying untill i found the brackets mounted to the case under the hdd bay...that sucker would pop out every time i moved the pc, but its a snap to remove it, just gotta pop the front bezel and push in the tabs and it just pops right out.

That was it. They weren't mounted, they slid in and out of the mount that is on the bottom of the case...for easy keeping :D

Took me 2 minutes to get those screwed on and it clicked right in and is nice and snug. THANK YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom