Data Entry Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDancingFetus

Baseband Member
Hey, I'm the IT guy for Family Resource Agency and I'm running into a problem. I'm constantly replacing keyboards for our Data Entry people. I was just wondering if there is a keyboard specifically designed for people punching numbers all day that might last more than a couple of months. Most of the more expensive keyboards I've looked at have the price tag because of their features. I just want a strong durable office keyboard. I haven't had too much luck finding one.

Tell them to stop banging the keys so hard...?

May want to try a keyboard that has more resistance to the keys, I guess stiffer is the word. I don't rightly know how you'd search for that, though.

Tell them to stop banging the keys so hard...?

I agree.... My keyboard at work (using it right now) has been used to make about 99% of all my posts here on these boards, and also, I am typing CONSTANTLY all day, for each of my 10 hour shifts, and I have NEVER had a problem with this keyboad. In 4 years, I have used 2 keyboards. I got this one when the lease on my old PC was up, and I had to let it go, it still worked fine... This is just an HP keyboard, nothing spectacular. I even spilled pop into it a few weeks ago, and had some key-stickage, so I popped off ALLL the keys, and cleaned it out, good as new.

Unless you got cheapo keyboards in bulk, it could just be a quality issue... "saving a buck" doesn't always save you a buck, it usually costs MORE... :cool:

I have a dozen or so of the old school "clicky keyboards" in a storage building. They are PS/2 IBM Model M keyboards we uesed to connect to Twinax terminals. No plastic innards. They have springs under the keys. Make me an offer.
IBM clicky keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom