core duel VS Opteron

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztdep

Solid State Member
Hi:
friends, i have seen many test article about the performance comparision of CPU performance, but any one know the results when the Core duel VS Opteron.
Regards

939 opterons are ment to be server products, but soon it they become out performed by the xeons in Intel, so they just sell em as another mainstream AMD proccesor for socket 939.

Now $1000 AM2 Server CPUs, now those are nice.... you can put up to 4 of em in one rack and you have like 10 racks? $50 000 server though. This goes same for Xeons.

you can quit with the generalisations. it's just not true that all C2Ds beat all K8s.

Thanks you nitestick, i was tired of reading all of these ignorant posts. Yes, the core2duo is one of the best proccessors for the money ever made, yes they overlcock like beasts, and yes every computer retail store and internet site is shoving these chips into all of their new shelved computers(which i why i think we have so many fanboys), but you have to remember who is backing them, INTEL. AMD is the underdog, yet with the right equipment, right clocks, and right cooling, AMD's dual core line of chips, especially the opteron, can own a C2D.

Thanks you nitestick, i was tired of reading all of these ignorant posts. Yes, the core2duo is one of the best proccessors for the money ever made, yes they overlcock like beasts, and yes every computer retail store and internet site is shoving these chips into all of their new shelved computers(which i why i think we have so many fanboys), but you have to remember who is backing them, INTEL. AMD is the underdog, yet with the right equipment, right clocks, and right cooling, AMD's dual core line of chips, especially the opteron, can own a C2D.

I was strictly and AMD guy since the K6, but Intel are making the better chips right now. I admire AMD cutting prices to stay competative(something Intel didn't do when AMD was kicking their *** with the 64 chips). I have a e6300 that I got for $185 dollars overclocked to a $900 chip, and it is by far the best processor I've ever used. Plus Intel is releasing the 45nm processors which in the benchmarks I've seen add an extra 20% performance. AMD isn't out of the running yet and I hope they come out with something that just blows everybody away soon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom