E6600 or Q6600 for my needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6600

Solid State Member
i will be using auto cad here and there

and also i will be using a program called entity every day, to mod halo 2 on the xbox and it creats a 3d replica of the map on my computer

when i run that program on my Inspiron 6000 in alwas is very very slow

so.... to get to the point will the E6600 be alright or should i go with q6600

btw i will be overclocking

Re: e6600 or q6600 for my needs

either one will work... but its the memory that really matters, do u have 2 gb- 4gb of RAM

ok get the core 2 quad cuz u got the cheap but really good G Skill RAM's!!!

Alright, thank you for the help.
And how hot do these Q6600 run when overclocked about 3.0-3.4

Uh yeah...... don't pay $60 for that CPU cooler lmao. It's a $30 at most. Newegg is just price gouging since it's pretty popular and the unknowing buy it just because of that. You can get one for $20 at ewiz.com or $25 at svc.com + other places but I would get the Scythe Ninja from Newegg for $40 if you have the money.

E6600 vs. Q6600.. I doubt that the E6600 won't be enough power for that. I think getting more RAM/graphics power would be more beneficial instead of the quad. Are you sure those programs even take advantage of multi-cores yet? If they don't, quad really won't beat the dual and might even fall behind it since the dual overclocks higher. Hard to really say since I'm not to familiar with AutoCAD and haven't even heard of that other one.

Anyways, I don't think the quad is worth it even now. Yeah, they're not too expensive anymore but not that much actually takes advantage of it yet and by the time it does, they'll be way cheaper (Q6600 drops to $266 in 2-3 months)..

I agree with mfluffles. We haven't optimized software for quad core fully, let alone dual core. The e6600 is already powerful enough, and even better through overclocking. As mrfluffles said, getting more RAM, will be more beneficial, as those pieces of software, eat up alot of memory. I think they eat up more memory than CPU power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom