Pentium 3.4GHZ D Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy4719

Baseband Member
I just installed a new aftermarket Ultra CPU Cooler heat sink fan to get rid of the stock heatsink and fan.....

My temps at idle are 48C
My temps at full load are 73C

Is that safe or within' reason?? I thought I would get more heating reduction...

Thanks!

Prescots are suppose to run that high heat i think.

Well i run into low FPS problems in my games if the heat gets above about 68-69C ... It's been averaging 71-73c since new heatsink and fan.... Which is a few degrees bettter, but not much then stock...

I'm waiting on a new exhaust fan, maybe that'll knock it down 2-3 more... **** thing is HOT!

I used to cook supper and heat my room with the heat from my pentium D 840 3.2ghz, I had the same problem as you, then bought a Zalman 9500. Before I got the cooler, full load was 72 idle at 50C then, after Full load was 60 idle was 47-49C

Actually prescotts are supposed to be one of the hottest ones out there Peterhuang913... Everything i've read around the google world and the web, people are having heat issues.... I added an aftermarket Ultra Fire 775 for this processor... I re-seated the heatsink and fan 3 times and checked temps... I used new thermal paste (cleaned first) on each attempt... The heatsink has a copper base that is round (pent 4 chip is square), so I thought I'll just put it on the base of the copper this time, instead of covering the entire chip (essentially leaving a bit of space around the circle copper heat sink base).... I think this helped a TINY... I might be down into the 65-70 range instead of 71-73C range.... I'm going to have to another test on this...

Any more thoughts on this ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom