soundcard for vista = worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does work...simply and plainly
never blame the software OS maker for something a hardware maker chooses to do...unless you want to be ignorant.
An OS and it's maker is not responsible for whatever does or does not want to run on it...MS had stumbling blocks getting it's own software apps fully Vista compliant.

If you can't get something to work, you can usually blame yourself if you are honest....

Vista may not be the definitive best thing to all people, but there is nothing wrong with it being the best thing in some people's eyes...much like the beauty of individual thoughts and opinions. Use whatever else you think is better...nothing is perfect.

I'm still waiting for SP1, also the Vista drivers for my sound card are still in development.

I got vista on my new laptop, it boots faster than on my desktop with XP, and runs smoother and with less kinks. I like it myself.

You will always have someone that thinks VISTA is the best thing to ever happen..
Its easier to just let them think such. Rather than argue with them..

My XP went corrupt when I changed my parts and wouldn't boot. I bought Vista Premium for $85 that day. Nearly all my benchmark scores went UP. I have fancy gadets that come in handy, use Aero glass daily, am able to minimize games much faster than with XP. System restore actually works. You can designate the location of nearly all the built in quick access folders, etc, etc, etc.

Vista looks great. It runs great. If you're not a complete retard, you can get it to work. I'm sorry for all of you noobs that don't know how to get it to work. I love it. I love how it feels. It's smooth and very customizable. You can tweak the **** out of it. Don't you dare even try to tell my that it isn't. Vista ****ing works. And it supports DX10. I have no problems with VISTA and for the most part, I like it **** of a lot better than XP. And It has DX10. Hey, I have a GTS... Did I mention that it supports DX10???

Soooo, why should I NOT be running it? Why is XP so much better for me? Should I switch back to prevent VISTA from "crashing" and having all its "driver" issue and wasting all my "resources".... -_-

1AMy XP went corrupt when I changed my parts and wouldn't boot. 1.I bought Vista Premium for $85 that day. Nearly all my benchmark scores went UP. I have fancy gadets that come in handy, use Aero glass daily, am able to minimize games much faster than with XP. System restore actually works. You can designate the location of nearly all the built in quick access folders, etc, etc, etc.

2.Vista looks great. It runs great. If you're not a complete retard, you can get it to work. 3.I'm sorry for all of you noobs that don't know how to get it to work. I love it. I love how it feels. It's smooth and very customizable. You can tweak the **** out of it.4. Don't you dare even try to tell my that it isn't. Vista ****ing works. 5.And it supports DX10. I have no problems with VISTA and for the most part, I like it **** of a lot better than XP. And It has DX10. Hey, I have a GTS... Did I mention that it supports DX10???

6.Soooo, why should I NOT be running it? Why is XP so much better for me? Should I switch back to prevent VISTA from "crashing" and having all its "driver" issue and wasting all my "resources".... -_-

1A. Thats what happens when you change main components of a system. You could have easily fixed it had you just ran a Repair install....
1. There are many who have the same exact, opposite problem. VISTA won't install On a new computer: VISTA runs slow or errors out alot on a new computer: VISTA won't install on an old computer. Point is, reguardless of how many good experiences, such as in your case that people have with VISTA, there are still far to many who have an absolute horrible time with it. For now anyways. I never said you should never go to VISTA, but I am saying that people should wait.

2. There are/were people who said the same thing with ME/XP. At any rate, how something appears is subjective.. Its a matter of opinion. I would be happy running linux if developers made mainstream games for it..

3. Couldn't be talking about me, or many other people who advocate waiting On VISTA, because we haven't cared to try it until it is heavily patched and "Fixed".
Yea, and XP isn't tweakable... Lol... -Eye roll-

4. I did, but you need to understand that I am never talking about a single case. There are many people, like you, that have had absolutely no problems with VISTA. On the other hand, there are also many people, like I previosuly stated that have had many problems with it. As with many New OS's I consider it a failure until it is heavily patched and Fixed. Even for XP, I did not install until after Service Pack 2. And as with VISTA, I will not touch it until such time.

5. XP will too, soon.

6. Noone ever said you specifically should not run VISTA. Its great that you love it, and you have no problems with it. The problem I have is when you act like everyone who has every tried it has had the same experience as you. Before reccomending to anyone to by VISTA, its great, you need to inform them in some way about the other side, the dark side of VISTA, the many who could not get it to work, couldn't even install it. There is no shortage of such stories as well as your story.

So in short, You may have an uber great time with vista, but consider the fact that it is a brand new OS, and for the moment XP pro is a better choice for those building a new PC that just want stability.

In time, VISTA will be a great(If not made greater) OS, but I just have to wait for some service packs.

Well I'm just computer savy enough to get around any problem windows ever tries to throw at me. I couldn't repair the install though because I am at college, and my XP disc was a few hundred miles away that Tuesday morning.

I understand that not everyone has had the best of luck with it. I just don't like when people tell me that MY experience with vista MUST be the same, when... All my signs point to a great OS.

It's a case by case issue, like you said. There's no Vista rocks, Vista sucks. It all depends on how you go about it. Yea I have a few gripes, but in the end it works.

Where do you get the notion that XP will have DX10?

Well I'm just computer savy enough to get around any problem windows ever tries to throw at me. I couldn't repair the install though because I am at college, and my XP disc was a few hundred miles away that Tuesday morning.

I understand that not everyone has had the best of luck with it. I just don't like when people tell me that MY experience with vista MUST be the same, when... All my signs point to a great OS.

It's a case by case issue, like you said. There's no Vista rocks, Vista sucks. It all depends on how you go about it. Yea I have a few gripes, but in the end it works.

I'm just as computer savvy as you if not more. There is no getting around certain errors in any windows OS, I happened to be getting those in Vista. So that plus the sub par performance with GPU drivers, I went back to XP.

A member at another forum has inside information about software development. He recieves many engineering samples and news.

Though I do not know for sure, I can only trust what he says.

We shall see though.

Though I will try to confirm his statement...

I'm just as computer savvy as you if not more. There is no getting around certain errors in any windows OS, I happened to be getting those in Vista. So that plus the sub par performance with GPU drivers, I went back to XP.

Well then you did something wrong my friend, either that or your hardware sucks. And about the drivers, Nvidia came out with new drivers for the Vista April 17th for the GTS/GTX series, and I have yet to a single problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom