psu help

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
You guys are great with atx/micro atx builds but slightly lacking when it comes to itx knowledge or that is what It would appear to me from my ventures into the forums past threads. For those of you who don't know mini itx is a much smaller motherboard only 6.7inchx6.7inch(LxW) and because of this generally comes with external power adapters like a laptop

The problem I have a proposed mini itx system that I am building with an external 120W power source I am not sure that the wattage will be enough for the power supplied here is the system (will be built in about 2 months so some parts are not yet released):

mobo: commell lv-676D (onboard graphics chip = x3000)
cpu: e6420
hdd: 1tb seagate barracuda (possible mod of case for this to store the OS Samsung MC8DE16G5APP-0XA00 16GB 2.5" Solid State Hard Drive)
ram: 3gb (6400) named brand e.g. geil, corsair, kingston, g-skill, ocz........
gfx: onboard chip x3000
tv tuner: hauppauge win-tv hvr 4000
optical drive: slot-load dvd
networking: mini pci wireless
case: Psile | Silent Media center or living room PC according to Nexus
extras: new 80mm fan, possible mod of sides to include black mesh to aid cooling

"micro atx".

My pc had one when i bought it(many parts upgraded now) but the mobo still remains

i bought the pc pre built, back then i wasnt aware that it had a micro board in it.

Anyway what is wrong with it, the only difference i can see is the size, everything else is the same, and ive no idea what you mean about power? its connected the usual way with one plug from the psu straight into the mobo

I am not sure if the wattage will be enough it is quite a powerful little system or just 120Watts the cpu alone is spec'd to eat up 65W is this assumption for each component about right I am only guessing the cpu is the only component I have actually checked the power consumption

mobo chips = 10W
hdd's = 2x10W
Ram = 3x5W
optical = 15W
tv tuner = 15W
Fan = 5W
wireless = 5W

totals =85+65 = 150W

i bought the pc pre built, back then i wasnt aware that it had a micro board in it.

Anyway what is wrong with it, the only difference i can see is the size, everything else is the same, and ive no idea what you mean about power? its connected the usual way with one plug from the psu straight into the mobo

the power actaully plugs straight into the mobo and is then distributed so the psu is essentially the mobo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom