Newegg.com , right timing to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Okay so my external harddrive went from $140 yesterday to $152 today.

So did the sound card that was $62 turned into $77

And wait that case that was $99 had a $30 rebate but today it (rebate) is gone.

When is the best time to buy stuff off newegg? Do they have weekly cycles that each hardware is cheaper? If so what is their schedule?

I rememeber buying my ram for $258 (ouch), back in Jan.....and now i see it for $280 O_O, on newegg....weird.

I think their prices, go by supply and demand.

Wow I see all these numbers on memory's. First pc2700 (which is what I use) then you guys mention the pc6400 ddr2 memory then I checked the list in newegg.com and found the pc9600 memory.

What is the explanation of this? I'm assuming the higher the number the better right? Well I'm planning to build a system with a Conroe processor so what motherboard would support both Conroe and DDR2 9600 memory? Also I'm in need of AGP slot since I don't want to ditch my 150-dollar 7600gs 512mb AGP video card.

EDIT: I now decided to return that video card with a $21 restocking fee. So ignore my last statement about having a motherboard with AGP.

they have alot of deals that last for a week and then they have end of the month deals and everything. I agree with the supply and demand and also the manufacture probably has a hand in it as well and on the rebate. It probably expired and they had to take it down.

So there is always an end of the month deal? Is there any way to predict which items will appear?

You just have to check newegg out regularly.

When I built my pc I saved around $200 in rebates, and I got every penny, although I had to wait around 60 days for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom