Brisbane @ 3.0 Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Will it be able to handle the most demanding game (well in my opinion) out currently (don't flame on me!!) Oblivion with that 8600 GT in there too at all high settings? Its a 3600+

oh can i overclock the video card to be about the same as a 8600 gts (this is xfx xxx edition so i hear they oc' very well)!!!

You can probably overclock it to 8600GTS, with a voltmod. With a Brisbane at 3.0GHz, and a 8600GT, I'd say med-high settings, depending on what resolution you're playing with.

Its still a really demanding game. So you couldn't run it at max with a high resolution.

dude WHATEVER. at 1280 x 1024,
i guarantee you can run it at seriously almost the highest settings availible.
you may want to leave the aa set low(or off)though, that will eat up lots of gpu power.
we're talking playability, not frame rates.
difference between 75 and 105 = nil.
im sayin that your 3600 need only be clocked to 2.5ish or so....uh, cos your pcie bus goes 2500mhz.
anything over that is benchmark. woot super pi.

I wouldn't consider 1280 a HIGH resolution. Also your getting into what you would consider max which may be different from what I consider max. It will play the game just fine but don't expect to play at like 1800 resolution with all things turned on or something like that.

nagasama, what are you talking about "the pcie bus goes 2500MHz". the pci-e bus is 100MHz. 2.5GHz is actually what i found necessary to avoid choke in FEAR.

i think the pcie reference clock is 100mhz and the actual bus frequency is 2500mhz. now, i may be wrong, and i will go into further research this afternoon when i'm on my own computer, but i base this on:
in the bios of my 590 sli, in the "system clocks" section i think, there is a setting that is marked "pcie-bus 2500mhz", and it can be overclocked up to 4000mhz i believe.
i would think this would be an adjustment as to how fast the pcie card can communicate with the cpu...ie if you have your pcie bus set to 3500mhz and your cpu clock at 2300mhz, you arent doing anything except bottlenecking your video card (if indeed it does run that fast). but i dont know if you can overclock the bus without overclocking the reference clock, and i am pretty sure thats actually how you do it in the first place. now, as i said, i am basing this on my memory of what i saw on my mobo...so i am not 100% sure i am right. but i am pretty sure...i will investigate further this evening and get the technical details right so i am not just like, "uhhh...i think this is how this works..." :)
heh there's a lot of "i think" in this post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom