big enuf psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
ok, main parts are 8800GTS 320Mb, GA-965P-DS3 mobo, E6600 cpu, 6400 2Gb DDR2 800Mgz team elite ram.
Is a 430W psu powerful enough to support all that?

It depends really.. 430w is getting a little low, but if you give us more details on the amperage (specifically the +12v rail) of the PSU we'll be able to help you better.

If you're confused, give us a link to your exact PSU.

I don't think any 430W will run that sufficiently (even though wattage doesn't mean much) especially if overclocked.

I wouldn't trust it. You would be cutting it close. the 8800's loves power. I would be on the safe said and get at least a 550W or higher. And make sure your not using a non name brand psu cause it will bottle neck your system and it could cause hardware errors and crap. If i was your and if i was spending htat much on my computer i would go out and get the Corsair HX620W or even the HX520W (i use this one) which is the top of the line psu's you should go look into that/those.

I agree with schulz269. The Corsairs are great PSUs, and have plenty of amperage, to handle all that. Another good PSU, that can handle your system, not as expensive, is the HIPER 580W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom