Stop program from maximizing across 2 monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfrownsk

Beta member
I am having trouble finding a solution to this problem. I have 2 monitors running extended desktop. For some reason some programs maximize to both monitors instead of just the one that the program is located in. Can I set it so that programs always maximize inside of only the monitor that the program is located in when maximized:confused:

Are you running each monitor seperate or are you running them as 1 big desktop? Cause if you run them as 1 big desktop that is what the applicaiton thinks so with it being set to open Maximized it will always do that. If you have each monitor acting on its own it shouldnt do that. Try double clicking on the top to make it windowed. From there put it on the monitor you want and just stretch it to the size you want. Then hit F11 twice. That way it should remember your settings.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the response. The setup is using 2 monitors as one desktop. Some programs like.. IE maximize to just one window. Other programs.. like groupwise email will maximize to both monitors. And then groupwise email will only maximize to both windows sometimes... I just don't know why it is happening and I'm looking for some consistency. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom