Vista + iTunes + The mysterious CD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mBernhardt

In Runtime
Short version:

I have 1 audio CD that will not be recognized by Vista.

I have a CD-RW drive and a DVD-R drive. Neither will read the CD and both will read other CD's. I can read this CD just fine on my Ubuntu laptop.

How it came about:

I was ripping music from a few CD's into iTunes and was alternating between the CD and DVD drives. When I first inserted the disk in question in the CD drive it was read just fine. iTunes pulled up a track list while the CD before was being ripped in the DVD drive.

Then, once the other CD was finished, iTunes did not just move right along to the other CD as it normally would. And since that first time it read the CD it has refused since.

When I place the CD into the CD drive the light will flash like its trying to read the CD. I have not yet left it in for any longer than 2 minutes to see if it won't eventually read it.

What I have tried:

Rebooting the PC. (A few times actually)
Uninstalling/Re-installing both CD and DVD drives.
Changing the Auto-Play settings (including disabling entirely).

None of this has worked and Google has not been helpful just yet.

Any ideas?

It sounds like a hickup in iTunes. There is a known problem between iTunes and Vista. Only thing i can think of is to either uninstall/reinstall iTunes. Rip it on the Ubuntu and then transfer it over to the Vista.

that disc is now a coaster. throw it away. the new itunes that came out a week or so ago is suppose to be compatible. I haven't try it yet

Bump -- Any other thoughts.

No, the disk is not a coaster. Said that plainly in the first post. Leaning more towards just ripping the files on my Ubuntu box and throwing them up on my file server with the rest of the mp3's.

But, it would be nice to know what the heck is going on here.

I read what you said wrong. Funny I now am having a similar problem with this cd that My friend made with his standlone cd recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom