20" LCD: resolution vs text/icon size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eevesw

Beta member
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for recommendations from people who know much more than me!

I've recently upgraded from a 16" CRT monitor to a 20"LCD (Viewsonic VG2021M). I really like the new monitor, but I'm having trouble getting a resolution that works right. On my old monitor I was at 1024x768 and that was great as far as the size of things on my screen. With the new montitor I was hoping to get the same size text but more room on the screen. The monitor recommends 1400x1050 but this makes everything very, very tiny (clear but small). To get things to the size I want I have it at 1152x864 but this makes everything look kind of jagged (like desktop icons) and makes the text slightly blurry. When I pop in HalfLife 2 though it looks great.

Is there anyway I can get a good balance? I want the clarity of higher resolutions but I don't want to squint at tiny text and little Windows User Interface items.

Thanks for your ideas!

(oh, my video card is: Nvidia NX6600 PCI-E 256M)

That is a downside to LCDs. The best picture they can give, is it's native resolution, which is the recommended 1400x1050. If you don't want to squint, I think you should get glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom