How do you put videos on a MP3 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
Ok guys I realize this is a nooby question (I'm a noob when it comes to electronics). I have a MPEG4 and AVI compaitable MP3 player but when I drag movies in.avi format to the player's folder in my hard drive, the .avi files will not play on the MP3 player. They can only be played with winamp/WMP.

I think you need to convert it to a format that is usable by portable audio players, right? (As I've heard all ipod tracks have to be processed by iTunes before it'll work on the device) If i'm right, how do I go about converting the videos? If i'm wrong, then what do I need to do?

Thanks for the fast reply, but no, the mp3 player did not come with any software. I think the software is available somewhere on the net, I just need to know which one to use.

No, I've tried the converters and the files are in .avi format already. The files just won't play in the MP4 player when they are selected. I guess I accidentally deleted a supporting file/process module that allows .avi movies to play. In that case, how can I get this sorted out? Or am I SOL?

No, I've tried the converters and the files are in .avi format already. The files just won't play in the MP4 player when they are selected. I guess I accidentally deleted a supporting file/process module that allows .avi movies to play. In that case, how can I get this sorted out? Or am I SOL?

key word. mp4 player.

try mp4 format and report back. like the psp, it supports all that, but mp4 works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom