Looking to get a gaming notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
im fixing to buy a laptop for college in a couple of weeks and im looking to get a laptop that can handle some games such as bf2142/2, CoH, Supreme Command, and other of that sort. im not really sure how video cards compare on laptops, i assume they pretty much line up with their desktop lines. i have a budget roughly around $1300-1400 and was looking to see what the best i could get for the money.

Are you looking for something light & easy to carry? If you are, your choices of gaming hardware are going to be limited. If ease of carry is not an issue, look at a Dell XPS M1210 or Alienware Area-51 m5550. You can customize all of the notebooks by these companies, too.

Actually dude its pretty expensive for a gaming laptop, the video cards really dont compare due to space, the cards dont really fit as well in a laptop if you want an actual gaming laptop you should look at a high end dell xps or alienware i suggest if you want a serious gaming machine get desktop, if you really want a gaming laptop go for alienware

p.s. with 1,400 i dont really think a 1,400 laptop would really play supreme commander too well its pretty hard on the pc

Are you looking for something light & easy to carry? If you are, your choices of gaming hardware are going to be limited. If ease of carry is not an issue, look at a Dell XPS M1210 or Alienware Area-51 m5550. You can customize all of the notebooks by these companies, too.

and the Alienware Area-51 m5550 has a really bad video card (radeon X1400) but can go to a go 7600 which is still kind've bad

alright well i was looking at a couple of laptops on newegg that had a x1700... im assuming that that would be the equivalent of a 7600gt or so on a desktop.

alright well i was looking at a couple of laptops on newegg that had a x1700... im assuming that that would be the equivalent of a 7600gt or so on a desktop.

never assume anything, its hard to compare these two as ones a desktop card and ones a lap card, i personally would think the 7600 would still be better but who knows

alright then i guess my budget won't allow for it. i'll just save my money and just one that will do basic school work. thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom