Resetting Vista's security settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_in

In Runtime
hi guys..

well i have installed vista parallel to XP.. but now i have put some security settings inside vista which disallowed me to browse on of my drive in XP..

can u simply tell me, what the **** i shall do with this vista ****, i really wanna get rid off it but i cant uninstall until i am able to get my drive back..

that is why i always believe M$ is G*y

regards
Realin !

Kinda confused to what exactly you did? Messy up the 'security settings'??? Thats quite a strange issue...cant view your hard drive?? how so! (more info please)

Vista Security setting stuff? <control panel> should be useful to you sir. This is where windows defender, firewall, etc is located.

Also, as always type 'msconfig' in 'start>run>' then go through and disable anything you DON'T want wanna deal with and/or startup.

Do you have 'System Restore' turned 'ON'?? If so try resorting back to a time prior to this issue(s)

Are you talking about the 'File Searching' features??;
Right click the 'Task Bar '> Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Check anything saying 'search for ...' or whatever and make sure the boxes are checked.

Again, need more info buddy. WHAT exactly did you mess up? Where? How? Huh?

Cheers:cool:

hmm i think you ahd xp pro and encrypted your files right? i did the same you have to take ownership of all your files, by right clicking drive letter or files>security>ownership>take ownership of file/s

You said you installed Vista Parallel to XP wouldn't that mean you have a dual boot? Even if Vista's security settings prohibit you from browsing the drive that wouldn't affect startup.

I'd say reboot and attempt to boot into your XP partition then delete the vista partition.
After that boot with the XP cd and in recovery console log onto your XP install then run fix mbr.

Good luck. :)

guys i m confusing you all i guess.. here is a clear picture..

I have two hard drives and i have installed Xp on one and Vista few days back on the later.. now i wanted my sister to login into vista and surf internet, while i can deny her access to a particular drive.. So i went to security option and restricted its access to only administrator..

So now when i wanted the things back to get normal.. like no administrator stuff or anything.. it jus dont let me do it.. it offers changing the ownership to administrator or User/Realin and both are admin accounts..

even when i change the ownerships, nothing happens, cause i cant access it in XP anyways, when i go into XP it says.. ****0rz.. ACCESS IS DENIED

please help me guys.. I cant access the same drive adn folders in gay vista but not in XP

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom