vista problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
The aeroglass feature worked when i got it but i was messing with msconfig and now it just asks whether i want to go to the desktop or whatever i have opened. not sure how to fix that.

I'm confused :confused: about the 'now it just asks whether i want to go to the desktop or whatever i have opened' part.

When i click on the aeroglass feature a popup window comes up in the middle saying desktop or whatever i have opened for example say i have firefox and halo opened. It will say halo desktop or firefox and i chose one. Its just not as cool as it was.

Are talking about the live preview for alt+tab in Vista?

I do believe if you right click on my computer and hit properties. On the left side select Advanced Options (I believe should be something close to that not on the Vista machine.) Then change the performance settings. Should be an option for the live preview. Make sure it's checked.

Hello,

You're talking about Windows Flip 3D (where a 3D representation of windows is shown in the screen for task switching).

Ensuring that you have Windows Aero visual style / user interface enabled, you press Windows Key + Tab to task switch using Windows Flip 3D.

Pressing Alt + Tab brings up Windows Flip task switching (the traditional 2D left to right representation of running programs), not Windows Flip 3D.

You're talking about Windows Flip 3D (where a 3D representation of windows is shown in the screen for task switching).

When these things really are 3D ... that'll be sweet.

Norcent, if that's what you were referring to - do you actually prefer that view ... and use it regularly? I tried myself, but the split second delay tells me not to.

PS: Didn't see your edit. Once I get home I can play with it (on XP here) to figure it out - but that is indeed what you're saying? When you hit Windows + Tab it brings up the regular square icons for switching between the apps?

The Flip3D can only be used when Aero Glass is on. So if you are using Vista Basic which doesnt have aero or using the Basic theme you will never get the Flip3D till you turn the Aero Glass back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom