2X 1gb RAM Gives Bluescreen, when ram is used!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsDead

Beta member
hey there, this is my first post here, i hope someone will be able to help me =]
My problem is (I tracked it down) is that when i use two sticks of RAM (2 x 1GB elixir (Four slots in mobo, i use 1,3) My computer Boots, and runs my OS (Windows Vista premium) It reconises the two sticks.. (looked in computer properties) as 2044MB RAM...
But when i run a demanding game (HL2) or run my TV tuner card.. I get an instand Bluescreen of death, i think its called BSOD?

So i tested that each stick of ram works on its own in each of the slots, and they do, i ran the vista "memory diagnostics tool" on both of the single Slots of RAM in each slot.. and they worked fine, but when i run this tool with them both in it gives me an error, later followed by a blue screen of death. Both Sticks of RAM are the same, here is my computer specs:
(with one stick of ram, so i can use the PC!)

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
Motherboard: ASRock 775Dual-VSTA
BIOS: 2.#
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
GFX Card name: ASUS Radeon X1600 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card Memory: 512 MB
Sound: High Definition Audio Controller
Videomate TV Tuner card

I have originally tryed windows XP Pro and came with the same problems, this PC has only been running for about a month or two now!

Find out what kind of RAM you have (ddr ddr2...) and how fast it is (533mhz 677 mhz800mhz...) and check out what your motherboard needs and can handle. You may have incompatible ram. Another problem might be that you are using non-ec RAM (non - error correcting) and your motherboard requires error correcting ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom